Today we are going to go on a different gradient from the norm.
I know prom is not as common in Kenya but we have local international schools that have them.
That said, prom is one of the highlights of any high-schooler and that’s why so much fuss is given.
It is because of this that I have partnered up with Sherry London to give you ideas of what to wear on your prom date.
This exquisite mix of elegant vogue dresses are a sure bet to make you stand out on that day.
What’s more, the dresses are actually on sale. How cool is that?
Before I show you the dresses, let me talk abit about makeup for that special night.
Make-up Tips with Ruthie
The prom is one of the most highly anticipated events in high school. It is pretty much the social event of the year and will be remembered for years to come.
Every girl deserves to look gorgeous for her prom.
Looking stunning is more than the dress you wear, it includes makeup. Your makeup forms a very significant part of your entire look.
I always say preparation is half the battle, so here are a few tips I compiled to help you get started on plannng for your makeup look.
1. Start drinking lots of water (now). This goes for ANY big event. And it really is healthy. A smooth hydrated face will make sure your makeup stays on for longer. With all the dancing involved, you will need it.
2. Make sure your eyebrows are well shaped. Your eyebrows frame your face and help pull your look together.
3. Have a look in mind and practice it before the day. (preferrably more than once- especially if you are new to makeup). Take pictures of the look to see how it photographs.
4. Stock up your touch up kit. With all the hugging, dancing and eating, you will need it. Suggested items for your bag are, blotting paper (to remove excess sweat), lipstick/ lip gloss, powder (dont use too much) and breath mints (also important).
5. If you are planning on having your makeup done by a pro makeup artist, make an appointment in good time. Be sure to communicate what look you are going for. A good artist should be able to transform your vision into reality.
Happy planning and remember to practice your selfie look! You will be taking lots of them :).
And here are the dresses, visit this link for more dress options..
The A-line features of theses dresses makes them perfect for all body-types.
If you want to hide that tummy, you’ve got the ones with cinched details or empire waist. If you feel you are too skinny or petitie, you can go for the fuller ones to give you an illusion of body mass. For those looking for that perfect silhoutte, you are also covered with their satin mix which seamlessly flows with your body.
Tag a friend who is wondering what to wear on that special night and put a smile on their face.
Thank you for reading.
As always, stay safe and drop me a comment.